Saturday, December 17, 2011

Simba Gabi has just started

Photo Credit: r2rv
Simbang Gabi has just started but to tell you honestly, as far as I can remember, I have attended Simbang Gabi only ONCE. I went with my grandma at that time. To make it worst, I cannot even remember the year it was. For those avid Simbang Gabi goers, of which I’m guilty of not doing, here are some tidbits you need to know about Simbang Gabi tradition.

According to Wikipedia, Simbang Gabi is a nine-day Roman Catholic Church and Aglipayan ritual novena performed in the Philippines. It starts from December 16 and ends on December 24. Simbang Gabi, means “Evening Mass” is usually performed as early as 4 in the morning.

For some, they want to complete the 9 mornings to fulfill their wishes which I found, forgive me if I say absurd. Simbang Gabi is still a holy mass that everyone, no excuse including myself, should attend to and celebrate. After all, it still a MASS the only difference is, it’s being celebrated at early time.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Design by Botchiki Botchiki Template

Design by Botchiki