Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My PBB Unlimited Audition Experience


I saw in the recent episode of PBB Unlimited that there will be another season of PBB Teen Edition so I think it’s just relevant that I would write my own PBB experience.

As requested by an anonymous reader, I'll write my own PBB experience. The audition venue took place at one of the mall in Tagum City so I have no choice but to go there. Since I have own motorcycle, transportation becomes no hindrance to me and I can go anytime there or leave the audition place. I went there by myself because I don’t want anybody to know that I was actually planning to audition. Hahahaha.

I arrived at the mall around 6:00 AM and there were hundreds of auditioner s already waiting outside. The good thing on that audition is that you meet a lot of people and eventually befriended them. In sea of people like that you really have to expect at lot of outrageous behavior, acts and specially “outfits”. It was loud, noisy and what is unbearable is that you have to endure the scorching heat of the sun. It was already 9:00 AM when Lauren T. Dyogi went outside holding a megaphone and greeted us. The crowd goes wild. They have started giving audition number which we have to stick to our shirt. The crowds’ population gets bigger and bigger and if I’m not mistaken there were thousands of people who auditioned that day.

It was the longest waiting I’ve had in my life. The event was not organized. They have started giving numbers at 9:00 AM and it’s already 2 or 3 in the afternoon when I got mine. Receiving your audition number does not mean that you can go now inside. Again, coz there were thousands of auditioners, it was already  past midnight that I was able to face their production staff.

First, they will provide you a sheet where you have fill in your information. Also, you have to sign a contract that you agreed to appear to their show or a permission that they will show footages of yours in their program, etc., etc.

They will arrange you in a line with 10 persons and they will usher you to a room filled with cameras. Using a microphone, each of you is ask with one same question. Our question was, is there a person in our home or boarding house that we're  not in good terms with.

I answered “Yes” but I didn’t explained further and I passed the microphone immediately to the person next to me. I haven’t supported my answer because I was nervous or maybe because I couldn’t just say anything.  Looking back, I could have created a scene when I had the spotlight or at least expound further my answer. But I didn’t.

I did not make it to that round.

I headed home depressed, tired, and sleepy. Oh, by the way, they will tell you right in that moment that you didn’t pass the audition.  They will give you an option of whether you return the audition number to them or keep it as a souvenir.

I handed back my audition number.

She (PBB staff) even joked at me if I was angry and I told her “No”, with all smiles, but I’m actually bitter. Hahahaha.

If you are planning to audition for PBB, as I believe there will be more seasons to come, here are some tips I can offer.
  1. Go to the venue as early as possible.
  2. Bring your ID and birth certificate.
  3. Bring a lot of food and water.
  4. Bring an umbrella.
  5. Be yourself. They are not looking for a good looking man or a beautiful face there (though it can be your advantage) but it’s your personality really or your attitude that makes you standout from others. I once overheard a joke from a gay transsexual a few meters away and she/he said this out loud, “Wala na, pagwapahay na daw ni kay gabii na kaayo. Wala nay time. Katung mga chaka pauliun na daw.” Hahahaha. I can’t help but to laugh while other gets affected to it by saying “Tinuod? Hala oi, sure?” I even heard someone saying "Hahay, kapuya pud diay aning gusto ta mag-artista oi". Hahahaha. Really, it was a good experience.
  6. Be truthful to your answer. They will know if you are lying or not. They are bunch of psychologist anyway. 
  7.  Do not expect anything.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Design by Botchiki Botchiki Template

Design by Botchiki