Sunday, November 13, 2011

Chasing my dream- My X-Factor Philippines Audition

I'm a long time X-Factor avid fan. Hahaha. Guess what? I auditioned for the X-Factor Philippines.. Hahahaha. I never thought that I would have the guts to do such since I'm very shy person and has no self-confidence. I marked November 7, 2011 and went early to audition venue. Nope. I'm not gonna say my audition piece because it's so shameful to tell and besides I had regrets why I'd pick that song.


So I went there early. By the way, I haven't told anybody until today. When I got to the place, there were about ten or more people already waiting outside the gym and most of them are gays. After a long hours waiting, they finally opened the gym and I fall in line to get my number. That time there were more than 200 people who auditioned and I got the number 056. The X-Factor staff will provide you an information sheet where you have to fill in your name, address, title of the song, etc. At the back of the sheet, there were several personal questions about your family background, ambition, why did you join the show, etc. Contrary to what you have seen on TV, there were no celebrity judges. We were entertained by a mere production staff only. In the sheet, it was stated that you have to undergo THREE levels of auditions. I'm not sure though if the LIVE audition is already included in the three stages that was labeled in the sheet. Imagine? You have to go through rigorous auditions before you make it even to the LIVE audition? Before the sing-off started, we were told not to wait anymore for the result but instead they will be the one to call us back if we made it to the first audition.

There were no judges at that time because we have been told to sing in front of a camera. The staff keeps signaling to smile in front of it. I gave the camera a smirk.We are only allowed to sing 2 minutes.

I was so NERVOUS. The feeling is indescribable. The fact that it was my first time to sing in front of the public specially in a gymnasium. Even up to now, I still can't believe why I did such kind foolishness. That moment marks a lot of my first.

1.) First time to sing in public.
2.) First time to join a singing competition.
3.) First time to go to Digos City proper. Yeah, I auditioned in Digos City because I thought that nobody could identify me there.

I almost passed out when it's my turn to sing. OMG! I was told to stand in front of the camera.
Smile! Smile!, that jerk staff exclaimed.
But no I didn't. Or did I even hear him saying that? All I know is that I was so nervous. I'm sweating all over my body. The music started and I gave my best shot. And so  I sing, sing sing...

Not that I can sing well but I thought I really did great. The feeling after I sang was liberating. To tell you honestly, I was craving for more. I'm wanting it. I'm not  a good a singer but all I know is that I can carry a tune. But the hell I care!

I was glad because sometimes while I was walking, people recognized me and they would extend their congratulation to me. AHAHAHAHA. Ewwwwwwwwww. I swear I really don't know why they would do that. I really don't know. Well, you cannot judge my performance because you are not there nor I am coz I'm bias.

If you ask me if I'm waiting for the call back? Of course, I am. But mind you, there were so many good talents there who can sing better than me so I'm only hopeful and not expecting at all. It was a good try though. I know that if you want to go farther then you have to start somewhere. It won't kill you at all.  If you will not try, then how you will know? You cannot won in a lottery if you will not bet. There's no really harm in trying and in trying you start to chase your dreams. Perhaps, you readers would mock or laugh at me but it won't affect me. Why? Because if I didn't join I will regret it for the rest of my life. And I don't want it to happen. Damn it! I will only blame myself if that happens. It can't be denied that in that kind of competition, you must have both talent and luck. I might have the luck but do I have the talent? Do I have the X-Factor?

18 comments:

Marvin said...

Hi, Just wanna know kung gaano katagal ang audition process? wanna try din kasi

Botchiki said...

madali lang yung sa amin kasi regional lang yun tapos 200 plus lang kami BUT if you are auditioning in a big cities like Manila, Cebu or Davao. naku eh mukhang matagal yan. So be prepared nalang. tapos yung song eh 2 minutes lang.

Marvin said...

dapat yung cd 2 minutes lang talaga? or sila mag sasabi na stop. Sorry first time ko din kasi to so marami akong tanong sa yo.

Botchiki said...

hindi naman talaga required na 2 minutes lang yung cd mo. Yep. sila yung magpapatigil sa'yo if they want to stop you na but it's better that you edit the song para atleast yung last part ng song, specially "refrain" e makantan mo. Hightlight din kasi yun. Yung akin nga eh whole song talaga pero pinatiginal na nila ako after 2 minutes or so..pero ok din kahit whole song..wala namang bawal.

Marvin said...

ano ba ang mga questions dun sa questionaire, sa likod. and ano dapat ang suotin?

Marvin said...

Sorry for the questions, wala kasi akong matanungan, may camera pala nakatutok habang kumkanta ka

ChrisTeppei said...

reading this was really encourage ne to try my best to the highest level!! pero may doubt parin kung kakayanin ko ba pero laban!!
tama!! anong masama kung mag-try? malay mo makapasok ka,,
good luck sa iyo, good luck sa atin hehe
thanks a lot for sharing it on X FActor Fanpage ^__^

Botchiki said...

@Marvin You should sing for the camera. Walang judges doon. Mag emote ka kung gusto mo. Give your best shot. Since sa camera ka titingin, gandahan mo yung facial expression mo. Kahit anong damit as long as you are presentable. What is important is that sa camera ka titingin :)

Botchiki said...

@Chris Go for it!!!

Marvin said...

so bale flirt with the camera pala ito. sana di ako nerbyosin once kumanta ako. whats your suggestions guys para di ako kabahan.

ohdeniyoh said...

Congrats in advance :)
Thanks for posting your XFactor experience, nakakboost din ng spirit! hehe.
Makapasok or hindi, experience padin yun! yea..

Grabeee! Kailan kaya dito sa Manila?
:S


Thanks loads.

ohdeniyoh said...

@Marvin Just enjoy.
Higit sa lahat pray pray! =))
sa Manila ka din ba?

Botchiki said...

@Marvin nku kaya mo yan. nakaya ko nga. hehehe. Good luck to your endeavor Marvin.

@odebiyoh Tingnan mo sa FB fanpage ng X-Factor Philippines ang mga schedules..

marvin said...

Guys im in Manila, sana makaya ko. anopala ang mga requirements Steph.

Guys thank you sa support. mabutinalang nabasa ko tong blog ni Steph.

Botchiki said...

Magdala ka lang ng ID and Birth Certificate.

chong said...

nag audition ako kanina.. sa sobrang kaba ko nadala ko ung copy ko nung lyrics nadala ko tpos nung patapos na ung kanta na out of tune ako O.o and i didn't even look at the camera. that was really my first time to sing in public, anyways, have they called you back? O.o I'm getting frustated:( i really want to reach live audition.

Botchiki said...

Hahaha. OK lang yun. Nope. I didn't get a callback from them.. Hahaha. Ok lang yun.

chong said...

thank you:))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Design by Botchiki Botchiki Template

Design by Botchiki